Sunday, January 3, 2010

"Where the Hell is My Flying Car?"

Whoo! It's been a long time since I posted last! I hope everyone had a very geeky Christmas and a nerdy New Year.

I saw the quote in my title on a tweet by Simon Pegg, and I have to agree. All the 1950s sci-fi movies promised awesome stuff in the 2000s . . . and nothing has come of it!

Even so, the new year has got off to a pretty awesome start. As always, the previous year ended with Sci-Fi's "Twilight Zone" marathon. A sign that I am a true geek - the marathon is the most exciting part of my New Year's Eve celebration. (In fact, I'm usually annoyed that Kris insists on turning the channel to Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve, even for a few minutes.)

The best part so far? A much-needed three day weekend! I intend to make the most of it. Today, we saw Sherlock Holmes with my dad, got ice cream at Coldstone Creamery, visited the kitties at the pet store, got a new MST3K box set, and had my favorite stir-fry for dinner! Not bad for the first weekend of the year.

Tomorrow will be spent putting away Christmas decorations, doing laundry, and watching mass quantities of television and movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart my readers! Thanks so much for your comments!