Sunday, July 4, 2010

I Was One Warped Little Kid

My cousin posted about her favorite Saturday morning cartoons, and I was like, "Oh man, I totally loved the "Tales From the Crypt" cartoon." That got me thinking . . . what kind of warped little kid loves "Tales From the Crypt"?

The more I consider my childhood, the more convinced I am that I had (have?) some serious problems. My favorite show (other than "Tales From the Crypt") was "Unsolved Mysteries". I watched the crap out of that show. I also loved ghost stories. I couldn't get enough of them. I wanted to be a member of the Midnight Society more than anything in the world. My favorite authors were, get this, Lewis Carroll and Edgar Allan Poe. When I was four, my favorite board game was the "Adam Walsh: Child Awareness Game". I also spent 30 minutes a day for an entire summer reading Stephen King's It outside the bathroom door while my mom was in the shower. As soon as she turned off the water, I would run and put the book away.

The thing that weirds me out the most is that I wasn't actively trying to be dark. I just really liked weird stuff.

I think this picture says it all.



More specifically, Kris thinks this picture says, "We can't stop here; this is bat country!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart my readers! Thanks so much for your comments!