Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Heart: The It's Good to Be a Geek Edition


The Oatmeal - If you like Hyperbole and a Half, you'll love The Oatmeal.  Matthew Inman, a former web designer and programmer, is the artist and writer behind this humor blog.  It's a combination of comics, quizzes, and hilarious stories from Inman's life and work experiences.  He frequently updates the site, so there's a consistent flow of newness to brighten up your day. My personal favorite at the moment are the "Bobcat" comics, a series of panels about two cats who work in an office. 

ThinkGeek's annual "April Fools" products - In past years, the geek mega-webstore has brought the Tauntaun sleeping bag and Unicorn Meat to the geeky masses after first appearing as April Fools jokes.  This year we could see Bonsai Kitty Plushes, Lightsaber Popsicles, Angry Birds Pork Rinds, or the formidable PLAYMOBIL Apple Store playset added to ThinkGeek's permanent catalog.

The gameplay demos for Alice: Madness Returns - They're way more awesome than I was expecting.  Unlike some games (*cough* Duke Nukem *cough*), the game's release date has actually been pushed up to June 14th.  You can pre-order the game through the official website for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC, and PC download.



        Spending the afternoon watching "The Mighty Boosh" - Whenever I'm bored and need a little bit of surreality, I watch this British comedy.  I first saw it on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, but after a little investigating, I discovered that large parts of the show were cut out for commercials.  I remedied that disappointment quickly by buying the DVDs and now I can watch Vince Noir (Noel Fielding) and Howard Moon (Julian Barratt) whenever I please.



          The March issue of Fangoria - I love reading Fango, but at $8.99 a piece, it can get pretty pricey.  Even so, I had to pick up this month's issue when I saw the cover.  A six page interview with the amazing Richard Matheson?  Yes, please.

            Fangoria #301 (found here)

            This adorable Hello Kitty pouch - I have the "nerd glasses" version, but how cute are those old-school 3-D glasses?

            And finally, in "No freakin' way" news . . . there may be a third Bill and Ted in the works.  Is it my birthday?  Did Christmas come early?  Can you tell how excited I am about this?

            What's making you squeal with glee this week?

            No comments:

            Post a Comment

            I heart my readers! Thanks so much for your comments!