Wednesday, June 22, 2011
My 2011 Summer Essentials
1. Lots of books - My favorite thing to do in the summer months is head down to the gorgeous nearby park and read outdoors. I like to read a mix of summery classics and lighter reads. (I'll be posting my summer reading list later this week!)
2. Sunscreen - I'm extra white and I burn at the drop of a hat, so sunscreen is a MUST. I like to carry around a travel tube for easy reapplication.
3. Scented lotion - Heat amplifies fragrance and can make perfumes overbearing. Scented lotion is an excellent less potent option. My favorite is Bath & Body Works' Lemon Vanilla (part of the "Summer Vanillas" collection).
4. Dr Pepper Lip Smacker - This is a year-round must, but absolutely vital in the summer and winter months.
5. Water bottle - Colorado is extremely dry, so hydrating is necessary when spending any time outside.
6. Jean skirt - I'm not a fan of shorts, so this skirt is my go-to for when the heat gets unbearable.
7. iPod - My iPod gets a workout during the summer, between trips to the park and exercising!
8. Nook - I do most of my traveling in the summer, and I bring my Nook along to take multiple books without occupying more space.
9. Flip flops - I always buy a cheap pair of flip flops at the beginning of the season for errands and trips to the pool.
10. Limeade (not pictured) - I love the cold, tart sweetness of limeade in the summer. We buy it by the gallon from the grocery store, but I also love Sonic's cherry limeade as a special summer treat.