Saturday, June 12, 2010

IFC Hearts Horror Movie Fans

Due to the growing popularity of their Grindhouse Fridays, IFC is making June their "Grindhouse Month". Every day at midnight, IFC is showing "Grindhouse" movies - to the delight of horror fans. Some of the films are truly subversive, hard-to-find flicks, but the term "grindhouse" is used loosely with some features. Even so, there are several movies that are definitely worth staying up for. Here are a few can't miss flicks:

June 18th - Fido

I've written a bit about this film in a previous post, so I won't repeat myself too much, other than to say that it's one of my favorite zombie flicks.

June 20th - The Prophecy

This film was a really big deal when I was in junior high. It has an amazing cast - Christopher Walken, Eric Stolz, Viggo Mortenson, and, one of my favorite actors, Elias Koteas (Casey Jones in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). The plot boils down to a battle between good and evil, but the real appeal of the movie is that it's just damn cool. I highly recommend this one.

June 28th - Near Dark

Awesome vampire flick. If you like Lost Boys, you'll really enjoy this one. This clip does the film far more justice than I could ever do.

Check out the complete June schedule for the rest of the films.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart my readers! Thanks so much for your comments!