Monday, June 21, 2010

Focusing On My Goals . . . Oh Look, It's a "Tales From the Dark Side" Marathon

Every week I say to myself, "This is the week you're going to do everything right. You're going to wake up early enough to eat breakfast; you're going to put on makeup and do your hair. On your day off, you're going to do something productive." The reality is that very few of these things happen. Like most people, I usually end up spending the day in my "Twilight Zone" T-shirt eating microwave hot wings and watching "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman" and old episodes of "New Detectives". Oh wait . . . no one else does that, do they?

A few posts back, I said I wanted to post every day. I really do want to do that, but I can never seem to find the time. The worst part is that I'm not doing important, necessary stuff. I'm doing lame, time-wasting things like playing Plants vs. Zombies or looking up movie trivia on IMDB. (Actually, I don't think those things are lame, but I'm sure other people do.) I am going to try to post every day, but I may not be able to tear myself away from facebook.

A while ago, I posted about The Nook. My loving husband (we just celebrated our 2nd anniversary!) and my dad went in together to get me this awesome device as a birthday/anniversary gift! It is amazing to say the least. It's very easy to use and has some awesome features, including screensavers that appear on the screen, even when the device is off (they use no battery life). Here it is in all it's beautiful glory (Kris even picked out the pink cover!):


Once I've used it a bit more, I may write a whole post about it, but for now, I'll just say that I've been referring to it as "my precious" all weekend.

Before I sign off, I highly reccommend that you check out Pralines and Dick, a relatively new blog that is a shining example of what I hope this blog will someday be. Color me jealous over how funny these girls are! You can't go wrong with a Wayne's World reference and their Netflix Mystery Theater is hilarious. Definitely worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart my readers! Thanks so much for your comments!