Monday, June 21, 2010

Movie Mashups

I know I've already posted today, but I had to share these absolutely stunning mashups that I discovered on The Daily What. Both are the work of Leandro Braga (Warnng: includes several violent scenes):

First, a compliation of Stanley Kubrick and Martin Scorsese films backed by a beautiful soundtrack that includes songs from each of the directors' movies.

Kubrick vs Scorsese from Leandro Copperfield on Vimeo.



Then, a mash-up of films by the Cohen brothers and Quentin Tarantino (See warning above):

Tarantino vs Coen Brothers from Leandro Copperfield on Vimeo.


What I love about these are that they are organized in very different styles, but the styles reflect the set of directors being featured. The first is very elegant and structured, just like Kubrick and Scorsese's films. The second is more modern and chaotic, referencing the styles of Tarantino and Cohen brothers' films.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart my readers! Thanks so much for your comments!