Sunday, August 14, 2011

Geeks of the Week: The RiffTrax Guys (Geektastic 2.0)

It’s weird for me to think of Michael J. Nelson, Bill Corbett, and Kevin Murphy as “The RiffTrax Guys”, because I grew up with them as fixtures of my Saturday morning television routine on “Mystery Science Theater 3000″.  By the time I was a regular viewer, the show had moved to SciFi and was hosted by Mike Nelson, with Corbett (“Brain Guy” and Crow T. Robot) and Kevin Murphy (Professor Bobo and Tom Servo) pulling double duty as live action characters and voices of Nelson’s bot companions.  Once the show ended in 1999, the guys went their separate ways, reuniting in 2007 to form The Film Crew, a straight-to-DVD series in which Nelson, Corbett, and Murphy provided mocking commentaries for B-movies.  They put out four films before moving on to create RiffTrax.

Read more here, at the new Geektastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart my readers! Thanks so much for your comments!