Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Making a Home From Rented House

Kris and I tend to differ about what our next move will be . . . literally. As much as he would love to buy a house, it's just not in the cards right now. His second choice would be to find another apartment, as he has had difficulty with our current apartment's managment company. Me? I'm pretty happy right here. I think our apartment looks awesome with the new modifications and our new living room furniture is the cherry on the sundae.



The best part is that I am excited to come home at the end of the day and proud to show our home off to guests. As great as it would be to own a house, for us and where we are right now, I can't imagine finding another rental property that would suit us better. I definitely feel like our home reflects both of our personalities, and that includes the apartment itself, as well as the furnishings and decor.

Small kitchen? Meh. Not a lot of room to entertain? Nobody seems to mind too much. One bathroom? One less bathroom to clean. I go through moments of wanting what others have, but the truth is, there isn't anywhere I'd rather be than home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart my readers! Thanks so much for your comments!