Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Heart: The Creepy Kid Edition

  • My Ghoulia Yelps doll - I discovered Monster High dolls last year, and since then, I've been searching for the elusive Ghoulia Yelps doll.  Last week, I happened to be at Target and thought I'd check the doll aisle just in case . . . and there she was.  Behold her cat eye spectacled zombie glory:

Monster High doll Ghoulia Yelps
  • Lenore - Believe it or not, my mom got me into Roman Dirge's Lenore comics.  Touted as "the cute little dead girl", Lenore is the slightly twisted, undead, but very cute little girl who loves her friends: a serial killer-possessed rag doll (Ragamuffin), a reanimated carcass named Taxidermy, and her dead cat, Kitty, who she carries around like a beloved stuffed animal.  Dirge's website features Lenore comics, as well as animated shorts.
Lenore, the cute little dead girl
  • "Growing Up Creepie" - A mega-cute cartoon about a little girl who was raised by insects.  She's gothy/alternative and has to deal with the mainstream mean girls at her school.  

  • Funko's adorable plush Universal monsters - Big heads and shiny black button eyes make these adorable monsters the perfect gift for geeky kids (with open-minded parents).  The monsters include Frankenstein, Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and the Mummy.  (Funko also has slasher movie villain plushes, including this Freddy Krueger plush)
  • Watching "Eeire, Indiana" on Netflix Instant - A kids' version of "The Outer Limits" with a dash of "The X-Files", this tragically short-lived show was one of my many favorites. With the help of creative consultant (and famed horror flick director) Joe Dante, the show included references to several sci-fi and monster classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart my readers! Thanks so much for your comments!